Asst. Manager/ Manager Treasury
JOB DESCRIPTION – Asst. Manager/ Manager Treasury
The candidate will be responsible to develop and manage strategies, operations and policies related to the treasury function, including cash forecasting and cash management, borrowing and payment processing.
- To manage and oversee the functions and activities of Treasury function, lead cash management activities based on the liquidity needs of the business, capital projects and acquisitions.
- Liaising with banks, developing new relationships and maintaining existing relationships.
- To forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, available funds for investment and design & implementation of hedging strategies to mitigate financial risks, managing interest rate risk and liquidity management.
- Hedging the foreign exchange exposures and recommending appropriate foreign exchange strategies for the company.
- To manage, control and regulate effectively as also efficiently the funds and ensure that the liquidity position is sound and optimally cost effective as also requirements of funds are readily met for ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Manage debt obligations, lender relationships and credit facility compliance requirements.
- Ensure treasury activities are in compliance with treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls.
- Design and Implement policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities.
- Act as Treasury advisor and apprise the top management of the significant aspects impacting treasury management.
- Preparation of Board level cash and other risk management reporting.
- Investment of availble funds to maximise the risk free return
- Banking relationship
Professional Experience /Qualifications:
- CA/ MBA /CFA with 10 years of experience in finance and treasury (CTP or CFA a plus) with a minimum of 4 years in a corporate treasury; strong treasury background.
- In-depth exposure to treasury in both investments, borrowing and liquidity management.
- Knowledge of capital and currency markets, accounting and finance.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Exposure to multinational organizations and are highly comfortable with a matrix structure of reporting. Mumbai candidates from Infrastructure, Real Estate, Utilities or Renewables will be preferred but it is not mandatory.